You never think things hold meaning as much as they do until you get rid of it. Today we sold our Dodge Durango and it kinda made me a little sad.
We bought the Durango when Bailee was about 7 months old. I remember going and test driving it and we were so excited to find exactly what we were looking for. We went looking for a Durango and was hoping to find a 4*4 and we did the first place we looked.
That car brought both my babies home from the hospital, we have laughed and cried inside of that car and also had some great trips in it.
Selling it today made me think of the trips we took as a family. We took our first family trip to OKC and took Bailee to the zoo. We had stopped at the Donut Stop on the way out of town and I have pictures of her covered in cherry donut. That was also the first time my two best friend Christy and Susanne meet Bailee.
It also carried Kurt, Bailee, Bobbi Jo and Mom and I on all of our first trip to Sea World in San Antonio. We had a blast and I remember being thankful we had a vehicle that was so tall because it flooded a little while we where there.
It is the car I drove for the first time in the Dallas area while it was just the kids and I and Kurt was at home trying to look up maps on line while he directed us off of the wrong hwy in rush hour traffic.
I loved all the room that car had with the third row seats but it sure got full of junk because of that third row seat. That is one thing I will miss is my car is usually the one everyone loaded up in because it had the most room.
Never thought that selling that Durango would mean so much to me. I have cussed that thing so many times because it did have its problems but today I forgot all about the problems we had and remembered the good things that came from the Durango.
We have moved on to a smaller car that gets much better gas mileage and now Kurt has a new to him pick up. He has been needing/wanting a pick up to haul things and feed to the horses and that was kinda hard in the durango. We are going this afternoon to buy him and pick up as old as we are but it is in great shape and it will do what we need it for. We are trying to remember to "live like no one else so that one day we can live like no one else."- Dave Ramsey
No comments:
Post a Comment