Today I got to do something I don't get to do near as much as I would love to do. I spent the afternoon at my friend Brandi's house crafting. She learned I do have a crafty side and I can actually be kinda good at it(if I may say so myself!).
A week ago we went to Amarillo to Hobby Lobby and bought all the things we might want to make a fall wreath. Then today while all of our kids were at school we got together and made our wreaths. I think they both turned out pretty darn cute. We both made burlap wreaths. We kinda found ideas we like on pinterest and then once we went to Hobby Lobby we used many different ideas and joined them together to make ours.
This is my wreath. The chevron burlap I found a few months ago at Hobby Lobby and it did not work with what I was doing at the time. So glad I did not end up giving it away to Bobbi Jo like I had planned. My wreath is a wreath made of straw that I just covered with the chevron burlap and hot glued in spots to hold it in place. The flowers we watched a tutorial on YouTube to make the flowers. The buttons in the flower actually were given to Brandi by her Grandmother. She had a bunch and said she never knew what to do with them. I think we found what they were meant to be used on.
This is Brandi's she made for her house. All of her stuff was also found at Hobby Lobby. The "W" in the middle she painted to match the red burlap ribbon she found. I think it looks great again her green door(soon to be black). LOL! This wreath is just as easy as mine was but is more time consuming. The only thing not from Hobby Lobby on here again is the buttons from Brandi's Grandmother that we placed in the middle of our flowers.
We are pretty happy with how our wreaths turned out and have that crafty itch we are going to paint some pumpkins with some ideas we found on pinterest. Happy Fall!!


No comments:
Post a Comment